What an interesting race with compelling story lines:
1. The return of Lance Armstrong to the Tour after 3 years of retirement.
2. Lance and 2007 Tour champ Alberto Contador at the top of the strongest team.
3. The duel/rivalry between two American teams--Garmin-Slipstream and Columbia-HTC.
4. The incredible sprinting power of Mark Cavendish--who iced the cake with a 6th stage victory on the Champs Elysees.
5. The Schleck brothers, Andy and Frank of Luxembourg. Andy finished 2nd overall with the sacrificial support of Frank.
6. Epic climbs and mountain-top finishes, particularly at Verbier and Ventoux.
7. The stage George Hincapie should have ridden into the Yellow Jersey but was denied(by just 5 seconds) by now finger-pointing American teams and former teammates.
8. Contador's overall dominance confirmed but significant immaturity exposed.
9. Lance finishing 3rd overall, after sacrificing his chances of contending with Contador for top spot by staying back to mark Bradley Wiggins in Stage 18. Lance showed a grace in this race not previously known.
10. Fabian Cancellara's dominance in individual time trials.
11. Levi Leipheimer crashing out while in 4th place overall.
12. No doping scandals!
Great, clean, well-ridden race.