I've updated the right sidebar, including fresh/live links to essential TdF sites. These are some of the tools you'll need to follow the Tour closely:
1. Internet radio or Internet TV to follow the Tour live. Live TV or radio feeds are provided whenever possible by Cycling Fans for each stage much earlier than the Versus channel, which joins in relatively late in the day.
2. Cyclingnews and Velonews, along with the official TdF site, provide two- to five-minute updates and commentary from start to finish of each stage. These are usually accurate, insightful and fun. This is the way to learn most about the race.
3. Daily summaries, analysis, commentary, and finishing order follows each stage at Cyclingnews.
4. Velonews, Versus, and Cyclingnews offer good video clips each day. Some feature history, rider profiles, or aspects of the race, some are highlights of the day's stage.
5. Metric to miles conversion chart. Mostly for us Americans...some of the last humans on earth to go metric.
6. French weather reports.
7. Versus TV channel. Don't miss the great commentary and play by play of Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin. These guys, along with Bob Roll, are great to listen to and their combine experience and insight gives the Tour great perspective. They also provide good commentary with posts after each state.